Financial Accountant / Super Star
Do you picture yourself working for an entrepreneurial, early-stage company, helping to scale and grow the business? Do you want to work for a company that not only strives to grow, but also strives to improve patient care?
LightIntegra was founded by Dr. Elisabeth Maurer, with the goal of helping to improve the lives of blood cancer patients. She has developed a test for platelet bags, used before a transfusion is given, to ensure the right platelet bag is given to the right patient.
We manufacture and distribute medical device instruments, as well as ongoing consumable tests. We are now expanding into the US market, with a sales team based in different corners of the US.
Our values of authenticity, openness and commitment are reflected in our regular team meetings and ad hoc brainstorm sessions. We’re constantly pushing ourselves to improve and think outside of the box. However, we don’t lose sight of what we’re working for; this year we are fundraising as a team for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society “Light the Night” walk.
As our new Financial Accountant, you’ll oversee our finance and accounting functions, with a variety of tasks to focus on. Your reporting will help chart the path forward for continued growth. As the company grows, you will have the opportunity to grow with it, potentially taking on supervisory roles over time. We will support you with career development through internal experience as well as outside courses.
You’ll be immersed in the business and work with cross-functional teams to track and provide feedback on performance. We will need your recommendations to support the operational success of this fast-growing manufacturing business.
You’ll work closely with our VP Finance – herself a CPA, CA – as well as our Strategic Operations manager. They will be your team-mates, mentors, and guides to the LightIntegra business.
A Rare Opportunity
This role is a rare opportunity to participate in all aspects of finance, accounting, and the business: an outstanding way to gain breadth, business maturity, and experience requirements towards a designation, or provide greater depth of experience and meaning to your existing designation.
You’ll thrive in this role if you’re committed to accuracy, you’re an independent worker, and you enjoy finding efficiencies in the work flow so that the company can scale up. You’ll also thrive if you want to be part of a close-knit, small business, where every person is essential, has a voice, and sees the impact of their work.
This is a full-time, permanent position, with a salary range between $45,000 and $55,000/year, commensurate with experience. Total compensation also includes vacation, a training allowance, a health spending account, and access to all the healthy snacks you can handle. The office is located in East Vancouver, near the skytrain, and has secure access for bike storage. On sunny days, we’ve been known to wander up to enjoy the patio roof deck.
There’s a spirit to our office, which is open, energetic, and team-oriented.
- Accounting designation achieved or in progress
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a finance and accounting role, including experience in full-cycle reporting. Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset.
- Your role will include completing the monthly financial package; working papers to support the financial numbers; and summarizing key highlights in the variance analysis. With this info, you will be working directly with the external auditors to support the year end audit process.
- You will be responsible for banking, payroll journal entries, processing Vendor payments, Customer collections, SRED filings… a little bit of everything.
- You will have the opportunity to work on budgets, meeting monthly with department heads so that you see the full business picture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and accounting software applications (i.e. NetSuite, Quickbooks, Concur). As the company expands, you will explore additional functionality in NetSuite.
- Experience in a start-up, small or mid-sized business, or strong attraction to work that way is an asset
How to Apply
LightIntegra is committed to building a skilled and diverse team of professional employees. The application process will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by mid-September, and we will respond with a brief questionnaire that will take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.